You know that moment when you come across a hilarious video or an intriguing article, and you just have to share it with your friends? Sharing content is one of the best ways to connect with people online. However, did you know that there are some tricks to make it even smoother?
CLICK TO GET KURT’S FREE CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH SECURITY ALERTS, QUICK TIPS, TECHNICAL ADVICE AND EASY FEEDBACK TO MAKE YOU SMARTER
1. To share a section of a webpage
Take, for example, sharing a specific section of a web page. You don’t need to send the whole article and then describe where to look. There is a feature built into the Chrome browser called “Link to the text fragment’ which allows you to select the text you want to share. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome. Let’s address this before we go any further:
Update Chrome on PC or Mac
- Open the Chromium Browser
- Click it three dots (⋮) in the upper right corner
- So choose Help
- Then click About Google Chrome. If an update is available, click Check for Updates. When the update is complete, click Raise.
To share a section of a web page using Chrome
Now that you’re sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome, here are the steps to create a shareable link that leads directly to specific highlighted text on a page.
To share a section of a web page using Chrome
- Open Chromium and access the Web page and the specific part you want to share
- To highlight the text you want to share, click and hold, SO drag your mouse through the text
- To open the Contextual menu, right click on highlighted text
- Select Copy link to selected text
- Paste the link anywhere, like email or thread
MORE: HOW TO SHARE YOUR WIFI PASSWORD WITH GUESTS
2. To share a specific moment from a YouTube video
The same goes for sharing a specific section of a YouTube video. You don’t need your friends to watch the whole video to get to the part you found hilarious or interesting.
How to Share a Specific Moment from a YouTube Video
- Go to Youtube and click on the video you want to share
- Pause videoo to the part you want to share
- SO, right clickand select “Copy video url at current time”
- Paste the link anywhere, like an email or a thread, and that’s it. Your friends are instantly transported to that exact moment in the video when they receive your link and click on it.
THE BEST WAYS TO SEND LARGE FILES ON ANY DEVICE
FOR MORE OF MY TECHNICAL TIPS AND SAFETY ALERTSSUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE CYBERGUY REPORT NEWSLETTER BY RENDERING MANAGEMENT CYBERGUY.COM/NEWSLETTER
THE BEST WAYS TO OPTIMIZE YOUR PC AND MAC DEVICES
3. To share specific moment of any Spotify song
You’re on the go, jamming to your favorite tracks on Spotify, and there’s that epic guitar solo or that high note that gives you chills. You must share it with your friends. So how do you do this?
How to Share a Specific Moment of Any Spotify Song
- Open Spotify and access the song you want to share
- NOW, play itand keep an eye on timestamp when your favorite part appears
- Then press the ‘…’ (this is the more options icon) located at top right of your screen
HOW TO SPOT RED FLAGS FOR THIS LATEST FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE SCAM
- Once you are there, press Share
BEST WAYS TO REMOVE UNNECESSARY THINGS FROM YOUR ICLOUD TO FREE UP STORAGE
- SO ‘Copy link.’ There you go, you have the link copied to your clipboard and you are ready to share.
- You can now paste the link where you want to share it, like in a message, email, or on social media
MORE: HOW TO GET REMEMBERED FOREVER ON FACEBOOK
4. To share an Instagram post
Let’s not forget Instagram. THE ‘Share to’ functionality is a lifesaver. If you spot a post that you want to share with your friends or on your story, it’s very simple.
How to share an Instagram post
- All you have to do is touch the paper plane icon under the post
HOW TO BLOCK THESE UNWANTED AND ANNOYING SPAM EMAILS
- From there you can choose where you want to send it – either directly to another person by clicking on the round circle next to their name. The circle will change color to blue with a white check mark. Then you can hit Send
WHY SOME FACEBOOK EMAILS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM
- If you want to share it with your instagram story. Press the paper plane icon under the post.
- Then click either on Add a post to your story
- To add your own caption or sticker, tap the text or sticker icon in the upper right corner of the editing screen. You can type text on the image or add a sticker.
- Then press “Your stories” in the lower left corner of your screen or Close friends when you are ready to share your message.
TOP 11 HACKS TO BOOST YOUR MACBOOK’S BATTERY LIFE
- Or for copy link of the post to share elsewhere, such as on Facebook, Twitter or in a text message, simply tap the Copy link icon at the bottom of the screen
WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON DATING APPS
5. To share a CyberGuy article on Foxnews.com
Finally, if you want to share one of our articles on BollywoodGags.com, here’s how.
How to share a CyberGuy article
- Just below the main title of one of our articles, press the mail icon to share with a friend. You can also click on the social icons to share on your social networks.
DO YOU FEEL A SLOWDOWN? 6 TIPS TO SPEED UP YOUR EMAILS AND DOWNLOADS
Kurt’s main takeaways
So. With these nifty techniques in your arsenal, you can share all the best bits from the internet, tailored to exactly the moment that caught your eye. So go on, paint the digital city red with your perfect snippets and make your shared content a talking point.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Do you have any secret tips for sharing content online? We would like to know how you share your favorite tracks from the Internet with your friends. Let us know by writing to us at Cyberguy.com/Contact
For more of my security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter by going to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.